Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork
This is delicious for a holiday barbecue or anytime! Love the sweet and tart of this meat. Spicy, sweet, tart...IT HAS IT ALL!
For 10 Servings
- 1 pork roast, butt or shoulder (4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped. 1/2 of another large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 29 oz can of pineapple chunks with juice
- 2 bottles barbecue sauce (your favorite brand. I used 1 bottle of spicy and 1 bottle of Hawaiian blend)
Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork Directions
- Put the pork roast in the bottom of the crock pot. Add all other ingredients in the pot on top of the meat. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When there is only 1 hour left in the cooking, remove the meat from the pot and shred with a fork on a large cutting board. Put the meat back in the pot and mix well into the pot. Taste and adjust for seasonings. I added more salt and cayenne at this point. Let cook for remaining hour.
- Enjoy as a sandwich, with rice, as a side or if the smell is just too tantalizing eat it right out of the pot (LOL)!