Crockpot Corn Beef and Cabbage
Corn beef and cabbage slowly cooked and without beer. Yay!
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 corn beef brisket, 2 pounds (save liquid from package)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 10-15 small red potatoes, left whole
- 1/2 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 head green cabbage or 1 whole small cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 cups liquid (the liquid that came from the package with the meat and add enough water to equal 2 cups of liquid total)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dijon mustard for serving (optional)
Crockpot Corn Beef and Cabbage Directions
- In the crockpot, place the corn beef. Add the 2 cups liquid (liquid from package and enough water to equal 2 cups total liquid). Add the seasoning packet that came with the corn beef. Set crockpot on low and set timer for 8 hours.
- After 4 hours, add the carrots, onion, potatoes and 2 crushed garlic cloves on top of the beef.
- Then, 2 hours later (6 hours have passed), add the cabbage on top of the beef and vegetables.
- 2 hours later (8 hours total cooking time), remove the beef and slice against the grain. Stir the vegetables around in the sauce in the crockpot and remove from crockpot. Place beef and vegetables on platter.
- In a microwave safe bowl add butter, remaining garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and cook in 30 second increments until done. Pour over beef and vegetables. You can serve with a side of Dijon mustard if you wish. Enjoy!!